Beginners Millinery/Sinamay Pillbox Hat – (2 days) £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Beginners
Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November 2019
Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th January 2020
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th March 2020
Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th June 2020
Wednesday 9th & Thursday 10th September 2020
For pictures of this course please follow this link to our facebook page and view the album https://www.facebook.com/pg/jrmillineryschool/photos/?tab=album&album_id=203614436991371
This course is aimed at:
- Beginners who want to learn the art of blocking and trimming cocktails hats.
The course will involve:
- A comprehensive overview of millinery materials, techniques and styles.
- Practical application of blocking a pillbox percher on a wooden block.
- A series of sinamay trims will then be demonstrated and practiced including bows, fans, bias loops, veils, ruches, roses, lilies and free form shapes.
- Time spent exploring techniques and trimmings for your own design.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of which different hat shapes work for different face shapes, body shapes and dress silhouettes.
- Practical skills in blocking of sinamay, wiring pillboxes, attaching petersham and head fastenings.
- Samples of a variety of sinamay trims and understanding of how to secure them to your base.
- An understanding of design, proportion, balance and the application of colour
- A finished sinamay pillbox hat
- Information on suppliers and materials in order to create your own headpieces