Bias, Split and Veiling Brim Techniques (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Advanced
Thursday 7th & Friday 8th February 2019
This course is aimed at:
- Those wanting to explore different brim techniques. This is an advanced course and students need to have completed the crown and brim techniques course.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to create a bias brim, a technique which works well with waffle and plain sinamay and enables you to block difficult shapes as well as creating brims using less material.
- Learning how to create a moon cut brim where the blocked brim is cut at different angles then elevated and curled onto the brim in order to create a striking and different brim.
- Learning how to create a brim using veiling which can then be used as a trim on a hat or as a brim in its entirety.
You will leave with:
- A sample of the following
- Bias Brim
- Moon cut brim
- Veiling brim
- The knowledge to create more and inspiration to use them in your designs.