Fabric Pillbox Hat (2 days) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th March 2019
Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd October 2019
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to expand their knowledge of millinery techniques and create headpieces using any fabrics.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block a hat base using buckram.
- Learning how to wire, line and cover with silk or fabric for a beautiful professional finish using 1 of the following options;
- Using bias pleats to cover a pillbox.
- Using a ruching technique to cover a pillbox.
- Trims will be taught dependent on previous experience and the requirements of the group but they can include; silk loops, bows and many other techniques.
- You will learn how to professionally finish your hat, how to attach an appropriate head fitting and create a couture lining.
You will leave with:
- A finished fabric pillbox created using either a bias pleat technique or a ruched technique.
- Information on how to create the pillbox from the other technique.
- Knowledge to create further fabric trims.