Fur Felt Winter Trilby (1 day) – £130 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Fri 28th February 2020
To see more photos of our students work on this course, please link to the following facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/jrmillineryschool/photos/?tab=album&album_id=213708052648676
This course is aimed at:
- Students of any skill level who want to create a unique wearable Fedora hat for winter
The course will involve:
- A choice of over 30 coloured felts
- Exploration of different trims you can use on Fedora’s.
- With tuition you will block your fur felt hood to your desired head size and shape.
- Creation of a feather trim or a petersham trim to adorn your hat
You will leave with:
- Knowledge of how to block a trilby crown using a choice of wooden blocks and using pinning and steaming millinery techniques and how to size your fedora and trim your brim to suit.
- An understanding of different trims including felt loops, feathers, felt leaves, cockades and the use of vintage braids.
- Information on suppliers and materials.
- A fedora hat (which fits!)