NEW Leather Pillbox and Flower Techniques (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th January 2020
Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18th March 2020
To see more photos of our students work on this course, please link to the following facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/jrmillineryschool/photos/?tab=album&album_id=213712952648186
This course is aimed at:
- Those who have experience in straw, felt and sinamay and who want to expand their blocking and trimming knowledge to leather. This is an advanced course and prior experience of millinery is essential .
The course will involve:
- Using a new foundation material called Fosshape to block the foundation for your pillbox shape and wire it so it is durable.
- Blocking a leather of your choice and understanding how best to bind it to the foundation material and attached the petersham.
- Creating numerous trims from leather including a leather flower and leaves.
You will leave with:
- A finished leather pillbox with flower and leaf trim.
- The skills to choose leathers for millinery and a suppliers list to source the correct leather and create more hats out of this dynamic material.
- The skills to create leather flowers and leaves.
- Inspiration and knowledge for the use of leather.