Parisisal Straw Explored – (2 day) £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Thursday 19th & Friday 20th March 2020
To see more photos of our students work on this course, please link to the following facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/jrmillineryschool/photos/?tab=album&album_id=203619653657516
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to explore working with Parisisal straw and experiment with the many possibilities it brings. Previous experience of blocking sinamay is needed.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block Parisisal and its foundation materials using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
- A tutorial in how to create a Parisisal brim.
- Learning how to wire and line the inside with a petersham ribbon.
- Exploring various Parisisal trimming techniques including loops, swirls, curls and how to hand roll the edges of your Parisisal.
- A tutorial on balancing trim positionings.
- Learning how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting.
You will leave with:
- A Parisisal headpiece and have acquired skills to make more.
- Confidence in working with this inspiring material.
- Information on suppliers and materials.