Parisisal Straw Explored – (2 day) £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th October 2018
Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Wednesday 6th & Thursday 7th March 2019
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to explore working with Parisisal straw and experiment with the many possibilities it brings. Previous experience of blocking sinamay is needed.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block Parisisal and its foundation materials using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
- A tutorial in how to create a Parisisal brim.
- Learning how to wire and line the inside with a petersham ribbon.
- Exploring various Parisisal trimming techniques including loops, swirls, curls and how to hand roll the edges of your Parisisal.
- A tutorial on balancing trim positionings.
- Learning how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting.
You will leave with:
- A Parisisal headpiece and have acquired skills to make more.
- Confidence in working with this inspiring material.
- Information on suppliers and materials.