Wool Felt Pillbox Hat (2 days) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th November 2018
Wednesday 30th &Thursday 31st January 2019
Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th March 2019
This course is aimed at:
- Those wanting to understand felt and its application in creating an Auturn/Winter Pillbox.
The course will involve:
- Blocking a small felt hat using the traditional methods of hand blocking with pins and steam.
- Learning how to wire and line the inside with a petersham edging .
- Creating various trims including felt; feathers, felt flowers, crinoline, bias strips, felt leaves, quills, felt or fabric bows.
- An understanding of design, proportion, balance and the application of colour.
- Professionally finishing your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting.
You will leave with:
- Knowledge of the formation of the felt hoods and their creation.
- A finished felt headpiece and skills to make more.
- Inspiration and samples of various felt trims.
- Information on suppliers and materials.