Silk and Fabric Flower Making (2 day) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Thursday 12th & Friday 13th March 2020
To see more photos of our students work on this course, please link to the following facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/jrmillineryschool/photos/?tab=album&album_id=213700279316120
This course is aimed at:
- Those who have always wanted to make detailed fabric flowers to adorn hats, headpieces, bridal designs or corsages.
The course will involve:
- Working with a range of silks/fabrics in different compositions and discussion on the pros and cons of these materials when making flowers.
- Understanding of how to apply these techniques to other fabrics such as man made fibers.
- Exploring a variety of shaping tools including some time honored techniques whilst creating different flowers.
- A tutorial on stiffening your fabrics along with recipes for a variety of other stiffening techniques will allow you to practice the techniques you learn at home along with the paper patterns you use.
You will leave with:
- Practical knowing of a variety of tools including molded presses.
- A variety of sample flowers including a poppy, a rose, a lily, a peony and leaves.
- The ability to create stamens for your flowers using a variety of materials and techniques for varying effects.
- Information on suppliers and materials.