Vintage Style Headpiece (2 day) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th February 2019
Tuesday 22nd & Wednesday 23rd October 2019
This course is aimed at:
- Those who are interested in vintage inspired materials. Also those who want to incorporate lace, veiling and beadwork onto their designs to give a vintage or bridal inspired feel.
The course will involve:
- Creating a free form base from buckram and foundation fabrics.
- Covering the foundation in your choice of silk/fabric/lace.
- Wiring guipure lace to incorporate onto your headpiece.
- Using a variety of beads you will learn how to embellish your headpiece.
- Attaching veiling including the creation of a bird cage veil.
- Creation of simple silk flowers to trim and finish your piece.
- Exploring how to position your trims for maximum impact and balance.
- Finishing your headpiece with the appropriate head fittings.
You will leave with:
- A unique vintage inspired headpiece.
- The knowledge to create vintage inspired trimmings.
- Information on suppliers and materials.