Our School of Millinery offers tuition in all aspects of millinery from our Harrogate based design studio and showroom. Our tutors have over 20 years of millinery and fashion design experience. We teach to the highest standard for hobby or professional milliners and cater for all abilities and will advise you on the best course to suit you.
We are currently teaching most of our studio courses through our virtual platform via Zoom. We have successfully through the use of multi screens bought our teaching to our students home throughout the world. We still teach to small class sizes ensuring individual attention and we are able to offer close us demonstrations of techniques within plenty of class interaction. If you are interested in finding out more or would like to trial the technology we use before you commit to a course please get in touch Jenny@jrmillinery.co.uk
Our showroom has over 300 hats, which offer inspiration and examples of couture millinery techniques to our students. We tutor to small groups to ensure individual tuition. Classes take place in our working studio and all necessary equipment is provided.
We offer a variety of classes, including millinery tasters. 2 day introduction to Millinery, blocking and trim courses and couture skill courses and also offer one-to-one courses for those wanting to study a particular technique on a chosen day.
Our working studio is equipped with over 150 blocks, 5 steamers, several sewing and overlocking machines, flower making presses and a variety of other tools. We have a large stock room of sinamay, straws, ribbons, leathers, felts, foundation fabrics, feathers, veiling, crin, and other fabrics enabling a full choice of colours for our students to choose from.
* Cold Bath Place, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG2 0PQ
* Day Courses run from 10am to 4pm. Please arrived from 9.45 for refreshments.
* A maximum of 6 students will be taken per course in order to give individual attention.
* Tea/coffee and biscuits are provided. Lunch can be either brought with you or ordered from the nearby deli.
What to bring…
* Bring along an apron, some enthusiasm and a love of hats!
* Course Costs
* 1 day course – £100 inc materials *(except Fur felt trilby,leather orchids headband and Buntal Matts which have a surplus of £30) (Open blocking is £75 excluding materials)
* 2 day course – £195 inc materials **(Crown/Brim, Parisisal Straw Explored, Silk Albaca /Jinsin Explored and Leather Pillbox, silk albaca flowers, bias brim, veil brim with lace work which have a surplus of £30)
* Booking Discount
* Book 3 courses together and receive 5% discount
* Private Classes
* We are able to offer individual tuition days at a rate of £250 per day, we can tailor the day to your specific requirements.
* We also offer group tuition including hen parties and we are able to arrange champagne, lunch, afternoon tea etc.. Please ask for more details.
* Gift Certificate
* Know someone who loves hats? Buy them a course, we can provide beautifully gift wrapped vouchers.