Courses From July 2018-May 2019
Our School of Millinery offers tuition in all aspects of millinery from our Harrogate based design studio and showroom. Our tutors have over 20 years of millinery and fashion design experience. We teach to the highest standard for hobby or professional milliners and cater for all abilities and will advise you on the best course to suit you.
Our showroom has over 300 hats, which offer inspiration and examples of couture millinery techniques to our students. We tutor to small groups to ensure individual tuition. Classes take place in our working studio and all necessary equipment is provided.
We offer a variety of classes, including half a day millinery taster, 2 day introduction to Millinery, blocking and trim courses and couture skill courses and also offer one-to-one courses for those wanting to study a particular technique on a chosen day
Our working studio is equipped with over 100 blocks, 5 steamers, several sewing and overlocking machines, flower making stamps and a variety of other tools. We have a large stock room of sinamay, straws, ribbons, leathers, felts, foundation fabrics, feathers, veiling, crin, and other fabrics enabling a full choice of colours for our students to choose
- Cold Bath Place, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG2 0PQ
- Day Courses run from 9.30am to 3.30pm and half day courses from 9.30am to 12.30pm or 1pm till 4pm.
- A maximum of 6 students will be taken per course in order to give individual attention.
- Tea/coffee and biscuits are provided. Lunch can be either brought with you or ordered from the nearby deli.
- What to bring… Bring along an apron, some enthusiasm and a love of hats!
- 1 day course – £100 inc materials *(except Fur felt trilby which has a surplus of £30) (Open blocking is £75 excluding materials)
- 2 day course – £195 inc materials **(Crown/Brim, Parisisal Straw Explored, Silk Albaca and Jinsin Explored and Leather Pillbox which have a surplus of £30)
- Book 3 courses together and receive 5% discount
- We are able to offer individual tuition days at a rate of £250 per day, we can tailor the day to your specific requirement.
- We are also able to offer group tuition including hen parties and we are able to arrange champagne, lunch, afternoon tea etc.. Please ask for more details.
- Know someone who loves hats buy them a day or two day course, we can provide beautifully gift wrapped vouchers
How to Book
Please return the booking form to Jenny Roberts Millinery, Cold Bath Place, Harrogate, HG2 0PQ,
Cheque payable to ‘Jenny Roberts Millinery,’
Or bac’s payment referencing your name to sort code 53-50-21 A/C 51383012, please follow up with confirmation of payment.
Bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of a completed booking form and full payment. Unfortunately courses cannot be refunded.
Please contact Jenny on Tel: 01423 816511
Millinery Taster – (1 day) £100 (inc all materials) – Level: Beginners
Tuesday 23rd October 2018
Wednesday 20th February 2019
Beginners Millinery/Sinamay Pillbox Hat – (2 days) £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Beginners
Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th September 2018
Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th November 2018
Tuesday 12th & Wednesday 13th February 2019
Introduction to Feather Techniques (1 day) – £100 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Monday 8th October 2018
Tuesday 15th January 2019
Tuesday 12th March 2019
Advanced Feather Techniques (1 day) – £100 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Tuesday 9th October 2018
Wednesday 16th January 2019
Wednesday 13th March 2019
Crinoline Techniques (1 day) – £100 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Friday 12th October 2018
Thursday 14th February 2019
Silk and Fabric Flower Making (2 day) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Thursday 22nd & Friday 23rd November 2018
Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th January 2019
Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st March 2019
Fur Felt Winter Trilby (1 day) – £130 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Thursday 8th November 2018
Saturday 26th January 2019
Tuesday 5th March 2019
Wool Felt Pillbox Hat (2 days) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th November 2018
Wednesday 30th &Thursday 31st January 2019
Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th March 2019
Vintage Style Headpiece (2 day) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: All
Monday 19th & Tuesday 20th November 2018
Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th February 2019
Fabric Pillbox Hat (2 days) – £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Wednesday 10th & Thursday 11th October 2018
Thursday 17th & Friday 18th January 2019
Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th March 2019
Leather Pillbox and Flower Techniques (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Thursday 4th & Friday 5th October 2018
Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th January 2019
Thursday 14th & Friday 15th March 2019
Parisisal Straw Explored – (2 day) £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th October 2018
Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Wednesday 6th & Thursday 7th March 2019
Jinsin & Silk Abaca Explored (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Intermediate
Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th November 2018
Wednesday 23rd & Thursday 24th January 2019
Wednesday 27th & Thursday 28th March 2019
Advanced Crown & Brim Hat Blocking (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Advanced
Wednesday 14th & Thursday 15th November 2018
Tuesday 5th & Wednesday 6th February 2019
Bias, Split and Veiling Brim Techniques (2 day) – £225 (inc all materials) – Level: Advanced
Thursday 7th & Friday 8th February 2019
Advanced Open Blocking (1 day) £ 75 (excluding materials) – Level: Advanced
Friday 16th November 2018
Friday 15th February 2019
Saturday 23rd March 2019
Friday 10th May 2019
Friday 24th May 2019
Check out the photo’s and designs created at previous courses